Sep 20, 2007

shabby to fabby...

Homework, homework, and more homework. I feel like *I* am back in school again.I can't believ ehow much work Monet has been coming home with. I have come to the conclusion that (a) she needs to have extra help in reading or (b) she needs a tutor at home. This week has taught me that I am, without a doubt, going to have less time for extra-curricular activities and will have to come up with some new time management ideas. There is not enough time in the day to do evrything that needs to be done. I have even had difficulty finding time to walk the dog.

However, Two days ago I had time to jog with the dog, scrap, and take the kids to children's church. That day felt so rewarding. I really accomplished so much.
needless to say, that was the one day this week that Monet didn't have more than three things to do for homework!

Here is my Personal Challenge. The challenge was to scrap what you are feeling right now.


I didn't get to wear pink but I did wear a salmon colored pair of capris and a pink flower hair clip. I ended up stopping at the Dollar Tree where I found some fabulous things for Christmas decorating. I picked up eight frames in yellow, tan, antique white, and red. I plam to use these to frame gifts. I also found some miniature wreaths made of berries and little glass beads. I think I might actually use these to wrap aorund candles. Then I found some silver berries which I plan to add to a gorgeous garland that I made last year to hang in the dining room doorway. It feels weird shopping for Christmas already but it seems that the stores begin stocking the shelves earlier every year. I would hate to miss out on all the good stuff if I waited!

Here is my Favorite Moments Layout I did for Kerry Lynn's Challenges:

This photo is of my husband and I at Vacation Bible Camp this past August. He totally threw me for a loop when he decided that he wanted to come along with the kids and I. He even came back for the last day when we had a huge picnic and some really great water fun for the kids. This day was definitely a day that I will never forget!

I am waiting on an order from a fabulous online store called Speckled Egg. I cannot wait to have in my hands some wonderful German glitter alphabets, wings, crowns, trims amongst other lovely vintage goodies that I am stocking up on to begin make all of my Christmas treasures. This year will be full of giving handmade pretties for all of my friends and family.

Tomorrow night is my big night. It will be the first scrapbooking crop! I put together a fabulous door prize for 1 lucky scrapper, packed full of Imagination Project & 7 Gypsies goodness. I am going to make up some place settings that each person attending can write their name on the card and itthey will all go into a bowl for one name to be be drawn.
I also picked up a great value paper pack at Walmart to share with beginners who may not have supplies but would like to join in the fabulous fun! I can't believe how loaded some of these packs are! Hopefully there will be some left so I can play too!

We will order pizza and have snacks and drinks- lots of laughing and even an area separate from the crop room for some of the kids to hang out. Can you tell I'm super excited!

This weekend is looking to be a great one for me- Here's to hoping your is fabulous too!

2 comments:

RiNNE said...

very pretty lay-outs!

michelle said...

these are great layouts jess! have a great time at your crop.

 
background-image: url(http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii139/JessicaNole/JenniferPebbles_2ps_ChocolateWood.jpg); background-attachment: fixed }